Are you ready?
- Ask yourself the tough questions. What if your primary revenue stream was cut in half? What if you lost your largest customer? What if you were handed a pink slip tomorrow? It helps to have a little productive paranoia and game plan the next series of moves. It’s worth considering how to build a better version of what you have today. If your business went away, would you be missed?
- Commit to constant reinvention. When the world changes, we have to change with it. The cycle time for transformation and category disruption is growing much shorter. Execution and reinventing yourself at the same time is hard work, but it’s work that is now required to stay ahead of the curve.
- Invest in sales. The next customer or order is the lifeblood of any business. It’s why top sales performers are paid at a premium. Don’t have sales growth? Get all hands on deck to implement corrective action ASAP.
- Listen to your customers. Customers determine your value in the marketplace, which is why it pays to listen closely and iterate in concert with the needs of the customer. Is your value proposition deteriorating? Are your customers brand evangelists? Customers can help you adapt, evolve, innovate and grow if you are close enough to them.
- Act now. Can you see change coming? Don’t wait until it’s too late to respond. The time to start preparing for disruption is now.
Disrupt yourself before the competition does it for you.
©Ryan Estis — reprinted with permission
Ryan Estis helps companies and individual contributors embrace change and achieve breakthrough performance. Each live event blends original research with compelling stories that move participants to take action. Ryan has 20 years of business experience working with the world’s best brands to initiate change, inspire innovation and deliver growth. Learn more about Ryan Estis.