The following questions are great conversation starters as they provoke thought and invite in-depth discussion:
- If our trends (membership, meeting attendance, etc.) continue as they have been, where will we be in 10 years?
- Are there ways to refresh our meetings? If so, how many ideas can we brainstorm in 30 minutes?
- What is the one thing we could do over the next year that would make the biggest difference for our association?
- How can we use technology to extend our reach? (Be as specific as possible.)
- Which of our programs/services are producing disappointing or lackluster results — and why are we still doing them?